This is incredible. I mean it is really, really good.
Can you ever go back to JUST banana bread after this? I came across this recipe on Pinterest as I was testing a few Nutella infused baked goods, and this was the clear winner.
This Nutella banana bread is made with plain greek yogurt, so it out incredibly moist. You can, of course, leave this out of the recipe if you prefer, but it may yield a denser cake.
I love making Nutella banana bread as it is really great for a light snack, teatime, or even as a breakfast pastry. it is that versatile.
How to make Nutella banana bread loaf
A few key considerations:
The magic of course to any banana bread is to use some overripe bananas. you know, the ones you forgot about then are suddenly staring at you on Saturday morning. you’re then left with 2 options, banana pancakes, or this.
Also, don’t overdo it with the Nutella and the swirling of such. I made that mistake with this recipe as you may see in the pictures, but it turned out great anyway.
Lastly, let cool before you slice! I dug in way too soon (because I couldn’t help it)–and it was definitely not ready for a slice. Steam was still piping out.
Nutella Banana bread loaf
- 5 February 2021
- 1 loaf
- 1 hr 15 min
- Print this
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 3 extremely ripe (even brown) bananas, mashed
- 6 ounces non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Step 1
- Pre heat oven to 180C fan
- Step 2
- Line Loaf pan with parchment paper
- Step 3
- Mix the mashed bananas with the melted butter
- Step 4
- Mix in the eggs, greek yogurt, and vanilla.
- Step 5
- Inn a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Step 6
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients.
- Step 7
- Pour half of the batter into the pan. Melt Nutella in the microwave for 15 seconds or until creamy. Drizzle half of Nutella over the batter, gently swirling the batter with a knife.
- Step 8
- Pour the second half of the batter on top and repeat with the remaining Nutella. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Step 9
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes