By now, I’m sure we can all agree that simple is better. I like efficiency and I like leftovers. I like waking up in the morning and not having to think at all about what I’m going to eat for breakfast and these mini egg frittata’s are just the trick. Also this is super duper easy, prepped and done in less than 30 minutes PLUS you get your protein and veggies in one sitting–how great is that?
This is also one of those easily customizable recipes, you can keep it all veggie or add some sausage, bacon, chicken or whatever your heart desires!
All you need to make this happen is a 12 cup muffin pan, non-stick cooking spray, eggs and various ingredients of your liking, then you’re on top chef!
What to do
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees then prep the muffin pans by spraying about 12 inches away with a light coating.
- Heat your favourite pan to medium heat, When hot, cook sausage until well done for about 10 minutes then throw in your choice of veggies. Here we used onions, red and green bell peppers, and sauté until the vegetables are as soft as preferred. For this recipe we cooked for 7 minutes, add the spinach and the very end and continue to sauté then remove from heat once the spinach has wilted.
- Once the veggies and sausage is completed, in a large enough bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into muffin tin so that each one is about 2/3 full. sprinkle sausage and vegetables evenly into each of muffin.
- sprinkle a little extra cheese on top if you’re into that
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.