This baked pineapple sriracha chicken drumstick recipe is just the trick when you’re looking for a flavorful chicken dish to be ready in time for a Sunday roast or relaxed Saturday lockdown dinner!
If you’ve been following any of my posts, you will probably have noticed that I am currently going through some sort of phase where I need everything I eat to be as spicy as can be. I am fairly certain that I can put this down to something hormonal, but for now ill just enjoy all the wonderful and spicy creations I’m making.
When I was doing research on this recipe, it came up as Hawaiian chicken. Now, I have no real way of knowing if this is a native dish, so I decided to stay away from those recipes and stick to flavors that I thought would work well together.
Siracha is the main ingredient of this dish but the pineapple and of course the red chiles are the ingredients to steal the show.
What is Sriracha Sauce?
Any label of this condiment will show you a mixture of chili peppers, garlic, sugar, and vinegar. Pretty standard stuff, and it just so happens this sauce can go with almost anything. For me, I find that I enjoy Sriracha the most with either pork or chicken dishes. However, I have been known to drizzle it over some pasta if needed!
How to make Baked pineapple sriracha chicken drumsticks
A few tips for success with this chicken recipe is to be sure not to marinate this for more than an hour or two. The pineapple juice could work as a tenderizer and soften the meat. I’m sure you don’t want mushy chicken, so bear this in mind.
You can use any piece of chicken for this recipe, but chicken drumsticks and chicken wings are my favorite part of a chicken, they give the most flavor in my opinion.
These chicken drumsticks came out a lot better than I expect them to. Be warned, if spicy dishes are not your thing, then this may not be for you. or you can reduce the use of siracha. This can be adapted to your taste and will be a great pair with your favorite salad.
Baked Pineapple Sriracha chicken
- 3 March 2021
- 1 hr 50 min
- Print this
- 10-12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 cup sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- all-purpose seasoning
- black pepper
- optional: chili peppers (1 sliced), pineapple for garnish
- Step 1
- In a large bowl mix pineapple, aminos, siracha, honey and garlic cloves then add chicken, cover.
- Step 2
- Cover the bowl and marinate the chicken in the fridge for 1-2 hours
- Step 3
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
- Step 4
- Line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper, spread the chicken on the pan
- Step 5
- Bake the chicken at 200C for a total of 45 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through
- Step 6
- The chicken is cooked when you pierce the chicken and the juice runs clear and the meat is no longer pink.
- Step 7
- Garnish with chiles and or leftover pineapple
- Step 8
- Cool before eating