Yes, this viral baked feta pasta is as good as it seems. The best part is that there are so many options and variations. the possibilities are endless. I wanted to try the original recipe first before I start to add my own spin.
This dish originated in Finland and is called unnifetapasta.
From what I could gather the recipe has been around for a while, but tik tok made it go viral. It’s one of those things that just seem too easy to be true, so everyone had to try. My verdict–It is good, but is it my favorite pasta recipe? No.
It’s a great weeknight meal for the family that can be paired with virtually anything, so have fun coming up with different ideas.
Have you tried this viral dish? here’s the recipe below!
Baked Feta Pasta (uunifetapasta)
- 12 February 2021
- 1 hr
- Print this
- 7 or 8-ounce block of feta cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano/thyme
- fine sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta of your choice
- 1 cup loosely-packed chopped fresh basil
- shaved or grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Step 1
- Heat Oven to 200C fan
- Step 2
- place the block of feta in the center of a baking dish.
- Step 3
- Arrange the tomatoes around the feta, Add the tomatoes and toss with black pepper, salt.
- Step 4
- Sprinkle the oregano, red pepper flakes evenly over the feta.
- Step 5
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Step 6
- Cook pasta of choice, when al dente mix together with baked feta and tomato mix and top up with salt, pepper or seasoning of choice.
- Step 7